Miguel Jaenicke is founding partner of estudio [SIC] a widely awarded and recognized architectural firm. He is co-creator of [VIC] Vivero de Iniciativas Ciudadanas, an open and collaborative project of urban research, oriented to disseminate, analyze and support citizen initiatives and critical processes with the aim of promoting innovation and urban empowerment through transfers of social innovation to the public space. Also develops CIVICs, an open interactive digital mapping tool which gather and display social and citizen innovation globally.
Climate | Child-friendly cities | Place-led development and placemanagement | Culture and placemaking | Mena and latin America networks | Moving and health | Tactical urbanism | Toolbox | Tooltesting
Mapping, prototyping, codesign, participation, toolkits, coproducing, comanagement, ephemeral architecture
MARES project will launch in four city districts, Centro, Villaverde, Vallecas and Vicálvaro, four spaces called M.A.R.E.S. Every MAR will be specialised: M (movility), A (food), R (recycling), E (energy) and S (social and care economy, common to the four MAR). These MARES will become a prototype of urban resilience on employment by encouraging social and solidarity economy on these strategic sectors, by:
- Generating economic activity and creating stable jobs by deploying business models, principles and values of the social and solidarity economy.
- Recovering abandoned or disused common areas and making them available for the creation of new productive initiatives.
- Identifying and developing existing competencies in the territories, as ground from where to articulate local strategies, projects and economic initiatives.
- Triggering participation processes on/ in the space allowing the interaction among territory citizenry economy.
- Stimulating the existing productive fabric and its links to emerging forms of economic activity.
- Awareness raising, training and support for citizen groups on social and solidarity economy.
- Improving employability processes with unemployed population and/ or at risk of social exclusion.
- Transferring of productive informal initiatives to more central importance spaces in economy.
- Opening economic activity in those south/ southeast districts to new realities and emerging production sectors within the current cycle and in a dialogue with metropolitan dialectics of Madrid.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.