MARES project will launch in four city districts, Centro, Villaverde, Vallecas and Vicálvaro, four spaces called M.A.R.E.S. Every MAR will be specialised: M (movility), A (food), R (recycling), E (energy) and S (social and care economy, common to the four MAR). These MARES will become a prototype of urban resilience on employment by encouraging social and solidarity economy on these strategic sectors, by:
- Generating economic activity and creating stable jobs by deploying business models, principles and values of the social and solidarity economy.
- Recovering abandoned or disused common areas and making them available for the creation of new productive initiatives.
- Identifying and developing existing competencies in the territories, as ground from where to articulate local strategies, projects and economic initiatives.
- Triggering participation processes on/ in the space allowing the interaction among territory citizenry economy.
- Stimulating the existing productive fabric and its links to emerging forms of economic activity.
- Awareness raising, training and support for citizen groups on social and solidarity economy.
- Improving employability processes with unemployed population and/ or at risk of social exclusion.
- Transferring of productive informal initiatives to more central importance spaces in economy.
- Opening economic activity in those south/ southeast districts to new realities and emerging production sectors within the current cycle and in a dialogue with metropolitan dialectics of Madrid.