The Placemaking Europe Kids group organized a webinar about the concept of child-friendly cities from the perspective of children on November 20th: World Children's Day!
During the webinar, The Placemaking Europe Kids shared about the latest activities and created a momentum for discussion and knowledge exchange about working with and for children, thus, how we can create urban areas as better places for them and the rest of the community. The participating speakers represented organizations, professionals and individuals from diverse European countries and beyond.
The webinar included presentations from:
- Dominic From Amsterdam - Child Mayor Of Amsterdam, Capital Of The Netherlands
- Inez Van Der Voet - Parent perspective and mother of Victor (5 yrs) who is a child on the autism spectrum. Zwolle - The Netherlands.
- Adriana Aralica - NGO Pravno-informacijski center nevladnih organizacij – PIC. A human rights and sustainable development enthusiast from Ljubljana (Slovenia), active in the CSOs for a decade, with a background in International Relations.
- Roel Camps - Municipality of Antwerp. Expert on participation and inclusion of youngsters, main developer of a new policy for participation, advisory councils for citizens of the city and its 9 districts.
- Bas Warmerdam - Founder CONSULTINGKIDS, THE HAGUE. 360 degree entrepreneur, inspired by kids refreshing ideas he uncovers inspirationally innovative solutions that help organizations and societies to overcome challenges.
- Beata Patuszynska - cityforchildren.pl. Based in Warsaw, Poland, PR advisor for property sector, mother and researcher of children’s experience of the city.
- Maciej Zacher - Municipality of Skawina. Mobility urbanist at the Municipality of Skawina, Poland & urban activist, academic teacher and a proud father of two girls.
- Urska Kranjc - Pazipark, Slovenia. Landscape architect, designer and co-founder of the Pazi!Park Association and NGO, focused on play and involving children in placemaking.
Congratulations to our Placemaking Europe Leaders for organizing this very inspiring webinar:
You can find more information about the activity of the Placemaking Europe Kids here.
In case you missed the webinar, you can find the full recording HERE.
If you want to stay up to date about the newest placemaking trends within the network, feel free to subscribe to our newsletter!