Designers and architects can play an active role in boosting people’s physical activity levels by intentionally designing public spaces, streets, and staircases that entice and encourage people to exercise. If you’re interested in gaining knowledge and inspiration on the topic, and building your placemaking network, ISCA invites you to join our next webinar “Active Stairs Design for No Elevators Day 2021" on 8 April 2021.
ISCA and Placemaking Europe are joining forces to lead the webinar and a general call to action in 2021 for NowWeMOVE campaign MOVE Agents and the placemaking network to promote physical activity through creative active urban space ideas.
No Elevators Day is an event with a very straightforward idea: to raise awareness about the benefits of physical activity and healthy lifestyles, which can be achieved by doing something as simple as taking/using the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator. However, it may be not that easy for some people – not only because of physical limitations like disabilities or medical conditions. In high-rise buildings, stairs could be inaccessible or just locked, residential stairs are often plain or cramped, the outdoors ones may be dull, unsafe or dirty…
That’s why during the webinar the presenters will share insights about why active design is such an important feature of our lives, discuss the link between placemaking and physical activity, share knowledge and practical tips to activate the stairs and give inspiration to placemakers, architects, designers and MOVE Agents to join in No Elevators Day with their creativity and skills.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE WEBINAR
- Day: 8th of April
- Start time: 15:00 CET
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Opening by Laska Nenova (ISCA)
- Why No Elevators Day? - Laska Nenova (Head of membership and campaigns, ISCA)
- Active stairs campaign Canada - Lorenzo Mele (Principal of Attivo Designs)
- Active Design by Center for active design - Sara Karerat (Director of Applied Research at Center for Active Design)
- Placemaking for improving physical activity levels - Anna Bradley (Stipo, Placemaking Europe)
- Mural brainstorming of how to create the global movement on Stairs Placemaking
- Closing and next steps